Coach Kay, founder/race director OOTYULTRA
Dear #ultramalaivasi runner,
Congratulations on signing up for the third edition of OOTYULTRA 2020. I would like to extend a warm to you for taking a step forward in becoming a #ultramalaivasi. April is not far away anymore and I’m also happy to have you back if you are a returning runner.
Did you know that the OOTYULTRA course was originally designed to be a 60k training run course for 3 of my academy members who were training for the Comrades Marathon in 2018?
OOTYULTRA since then has transformed into a dream flagship ultramarathon event launched by under the KaysFIT Academy banner, with a vision to provide a beautiful #ultramalaivasi running experience to beginners to the experienced ultramarathoners.
The Nilgiris District is a plastic free zone and you are not even allowed to carry plastic water bottles. Please go through the note in a separate section below regarding this.
OOTY is such a scenic hill town located 2240 m above sea level. OOTYULTRA is a tough race due to its steep climbs and downhill terrain combined with a harsh day time sun that can lower your spirits.
Most first-time runners may find it extremely difficult to run but that’s what makes OOTYULTRA tough, extremely interesting and challenging. As you may already know, hill running, in general, can be very technical and demanding but through experience and proper training one can gain mastery. There were many runners in the past editions came and conquered the #ultramalaivasi challenge.
Follow our Facebook Page & Instagram pages for latest posts and updates. Also make sure email@example.com email address is added to your contacts list and make sure you check your spam folder time to time to ensure you haven’t missed any important updates from us.
On behalf of KaysFIT Academy and my family, I would like to wish you and your family a successful year.
Cheers & happy running!
Your Ultramarathon Coach & Founder, KaysFIT Academy
- OOTYULTRA 2020 has more options for you to explore.. see the sections below.
- The 2020 edition will also have the 90k, only by invitation, along with 60k, 30k & 15k race categories.
- You can now update your personal details, transfer your ticket or upgrade your entry distance before the 1-Mar-2020 deadline. Read the FAQ section and also write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any assistance.
- We are proud to announce our co-sponsor and apparel partner, 42KM (https://www.42kmstore.com/). 42KM is the newest kid in the block in sports merchandise and is run by a group of energetic young entrepreneurs. We are also excited to bring you a beautifully designed, official T-shirt for OOTYULTRA 2020. Stay tuned for further updates!
- Bison Ultra is an exclusive trail running event organized by KaysFIT Academy (read more..). The first edition was conducted on the 9-Feb-2020, Sunday and will have 20k & 45k trail distances.
OOTYULTRA 2020 will feature a brand new 90k category with ~3800 m elevation gain and ~3620 m elevation drop and comes with a 12 hr cut-off time. We have already introduced many inspiring runners who will be taking the 90k headon. Click the images to learn more about them.
Plastic free OOTY / Nilgiris District
The Nilgiris Mountains is declared as an ecologically sensitive region and there is a government-imposed plastic ban.
I would draw your attention to be aware of this. Go through the list of things that are banned in the attached image and join us and help the entire GavaTea Ootyultra team in delivering a green and a beautiful event this summer.
I think what we all need is a self-imposed ban. We don’t want our governments to tell us to protect nature. It’s our individual/collective responsibility to follow this wherever we go and not just the Nilgiris mountains.
Lets together save the beautiful Nilgiris! Let’s be responsible runners!
OOTYULTRA Entry qualification
Do remember that OOTYULTRA 2020 has a minimum qualification for participating in the 60k & 30k categories. Both 60k and 30k categories have different cutoff time set. Visit the FAQ section to learn more about this.
You are expected to update or send your qualification race details to email@example.com before the deadline 10-Mar-2020. You can ignore this step if you have already submitted this information.
The following qualification records are acceptable,
- Finisher certificate (pdf or image) issued by the qualification race & their timing companies.
- A direct link to the result
DO NOT SEND LINKS TO THE RACE RESULTS PAGE or any races that you have completed before 1-Aug-2019. We do not have the resources to validate your credentials by searching your name.
View your name in the OOTYULTRA start list
After your entry records, qualifications are reviewed, your name will be published in the start list available here… Allow 5-7 days for your name to appear here. If you have any issues with your FIRST NAME (which will also be the name printed on your BIB and the custom medal) write to firstname.lastname@example.org for corrections.
OOTYULTRA 2020 has more options.
OOTYULTRA 2020 provides you much more options to explore,
- If you are a returning 15k or 30k runner, you can now explore the unexplored sections. You can start the race at the Tea park and run the next 15k or 30k loops.
- Now you can complete the OOTYULTRA 60k as a team. Write to email@example.com if you are a group of friends who are willing to take this team relay challenge. We need 2x15k runners and one 30k runner to form a team.
You can now update your OOTYULTRA entry details
OOTYULTRA is happy to allow you to make changes to your booking details.
The following information can be changed.
- Update any missing information
- Transfer your ticket to another runner
- Upgrade your entry
The deadline for changing personal particulars will be on 1-Mar-2020
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your registered email address for making these changes. No changes will be allowed after 1-Mar-2020.
A few important dates
|Date||Why is it important?|
|28-Feb-2020, Friday||Registration closes or whenever we reach the max. capacity of runners|
|1-Mar-2020, Sunday||End of the ticket transfer window. Before this date you are allowed to do the following, |
- make changes to your first name (which will appear on your medal/bib) or any other corrections
- transfer your ticket without incurring additional cost
- upgrade or downgrade your running category
Any changes done after this period and will be done with the additional ticket price, in case of upgrade + Rs. 800/- + 18% GST for the changes to the custom medal
- Last date to submit your entry qualification race information
|04-Apr-2020, Saturday||#ultramalaivasi Expo day, at YWCA OOTY|
|05-Apr-2020, Sunday||OOTYULTRA race day! 6.00 am : 90k start 6.30 am : 60k, 30k, 15k start|
Book your hotel now!
Our travel partner Preethi Classic Towers can assist you with your stay in OOTY.
How can you stay connected with the event?
- Join the OOTYULTRA runners only group on Facebook
- Share your excitement of running the OOTYULTRA through Facebook or Instagram stories and remember to use the tags #ootyultra #ootyultra2020 #ultramalaivasi
- You can send us your inspiring running journey, and if chosen by my team, it will get featured in the inspiration page. We will also share your story on our social media pages.
- Like and follow us on Facebook
- Like and follow us on Instagram
- Write to email@example.com if you have any questions.
Your preparations for OOTYULTRA is vital
OOTYULTRA is a road run on the Nilgiris mountains with a lot of up-hill and down-hill running. You are strongly recommended to study and understand the terrain, weather, and running conditions.
Your running strength and endurance are important for an enjoyable OOTYULTRA. You also need to practice your nutrition & hydration to stay healthy and you can handle the race day demands.
Make sure your training plan is designed to help you in having a most memorable experience on the 5-Apr-2020.
Coach Kay can help you!
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in signing up for a customized training/coaching program for marathons/ultramarathons and also join the 50+ #fitsians, the KaysFIT Academy fitness & marathon/ultramarathon runners.