Coach Kay, founder/race director OOTYULTRA
Dear #ultramalaivasi runner,
Congratulations on signing up for the third edition of OOTYULTRA 2020. I would like to extend a warm to you for taking a step forward in becoming a #ultramalaivasi. April is not far away anymore and I’m also happy to have you back if you are a returning runner.
Did you know that the OOTYULTRA course was originally designed to be a 60k training run course for 3 of my academy members who were training for the Comrades Marathon in 2018?
OOTYULTRA since then has transformed into a dream ultramarathon event launched by under the KaysFIT Academy banner, with a vision to provide a beautiful running experience to beginners to the experienced ultramarathoners.
OOTY is such a beautiful hill town located 2240 m above sea level. OOTYULTRA is a tough race due to its steep climbs and downhill terrain combined with a harsh day time sun. Most first-time runners may find it extremely difficult to run but that’s what makes the running extremely interesting and challenging. As you may already know, hill running, in general, can be very technical and challenging but through experience one can gain mastery. There were many runners in the past editions that came and conquered the #ultramalaivasi challenge.
On behalf of KaysFIT Academy and my family, I would like to wish you and your family a very happy new year 2020.
Stay tuned for further updates.
Cheers & happy running!
Your Ultramarathon Coach & Founder, KaysFIT Academy
- OOTYULTRA 2020 has more options for you to explore.. see the sections below.
- The 2020 edition will also have the 90k, only by invitation, along with 60k, 30k & 15k race categories.
- You can now update your personal details, transfer your ticket or upgrade your entry distance. Read the FAQ section for more details before you make any changes.
- is proud to announce our co-sponsor and apparel partner, 42KM (https://www.42kmstore.com/). 42KM is the newest kid in the block in sports merchandise and is run by a group of energetic young entrepreneurs. We are also excited to bring you a beautifully designed, official t-shirt for OOTYULTRA 2020. Stay tuned for further updates!
- Bison Ultra is an exclusive trail running event organized by KaysFIT Academy (read more..). The first edition is scheduled on the 9-Feb-2020, Sunday and will have 20k & 40k trail distances. OOTYULTRA runners get a 10% discount, see the below sections for more
OOTYULTRA 2020 will feature a brand new 90k category with ~3800 m elevation gain and ~3620 m elevation drop and comes with a 12 hr cut-off time.
OOTYULTRA Entry qualification
I would like to remind you about the OOTYULTRA 2020 Minimum qualification & different cutoff time set for various distance categories. Visit the FAQ section to learn more about this.
You are expected to update or send your qualification race details to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline 10-Mar-2020. You can ignore this step if you have already submitted this information.
The following qualification records are acceptable,
- Finisher certificate (pdf or image) issued by the qualification race & their timing companies.
- A direct link to the result
DO NOT SEND LINKS TO THE RACE RESULTS PAGE or any races that you have completed before 1-Aug-2019. We do not have the resources to validate your credentials by searching your name.
View your name in the OOTYULTRA start list
After your entry records, qualifications are reviewed, your name will be published in the start list available here… Allow 5-7 days for your name to appear here. If you have any issues with your FIRST NAME (which will also be the name printed on your BIB and the custom medal) write to email@example.com for corrections.
OOTYULTRA 2020 has more options.
OOTYULTRA 2020 provides you much more options to explore,
- If you are a returning 15k or 30k runner, you can now explore the unexplored sections. You can start the race at the Tea park and run the next 15k or 30k loops.
- Now you can complete the OOTYULTRA 60k as a team. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a group of friends who are willing to take this team relay challenge. We need 2x15k runners and one 30k runner to form a team.
You can now update your OOTYULTRA entry details
OOTYULTRA is happy to allow you to make changes to your booking details directly.
The following changes can be done by you,
- Update any missing information
- Transfer your ticket to another runner
- Upgrade your entry
The deadline for changing personal particulars will be on 1-Mar-2020
Steps to follow,
- Follow this link to edit your profile and make the changes
- Click on “My Bookings” on the drop-down button in the top right corner.
- Click on “Edit Ticket” button below your purchased ticket to change your details.
Write to email@example.com with your registration reference number if you have any difficulties.
A few important dates
|Date||Why is it important?|
|29-Feb-2020, Saturday||Registration closes or whenever we reach the max. capacity of runners|
|1-Mar-2020, Sunday||End of the ticket transfer window. Before this date you are allowed to do the following, |
- make changes to your first name (which will appear on your medal/bib) or any other corrections
- transfer your ticket without incurring additional cost
- upgrade or downgrade your running category
Any changes done after this period and will be done with Rs. 500/- + 18% GST
|10-Mar-2020, Tuesday||Last date to submit your entry qualification race information|
|04-Apr-2020, Saturday||#ultramalaivasi Expo day, at YWCA OOTY|
|05-Apr-2020, Sunday||OOTYULTRA race day! 6.00 am : 90k start 6.30 am : 60k, 30k, 15k start|
Book your hotel now!
Our travel partner Preethi Classic Towers can assist you with your stay in OOTY.
How can you stay connected with the event?
- Join the OOTYULTRA runners only group on Facebook
- Share your excitement of running the OOTYULTRA through Facebook or Instagram stories and remember to use the tags #ootyultra #ootyultra2020 #ultramalaivasi
- You can send us your inspiring running journey, and if chosen by my team, it will get featured in the inspiration page. We will also share your story on our social media pages.
- Like and follow us on Facebook
- Like and follow us on Instagram
- Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Bison Ultra, avail 10% off on the entry ticket
The first edition of the Bison Ultra (www.bisonultra.com) an exclusive trail run, will be conducted on the 9-Feb-2020, Sunday inside the MSP Coffee Plantation private estates, Yercaud.
- This first ever trail run in Yercaud, is happening at an exclusive location since the private estates are usually off bound for public
- This trail running event has a maximum capacity of only 41 runners.
- You will stay either at the Heavens Ledge tents facing breathtaking valleys and, at the Last Shola cottages amidst thick woods and coffee plantations.
- You can also avail of a discount of 10% on the entry fee. Write to email@example.com with your OOTYULTRA registration reference number to receive your discount code.
- There are only a few slots left and hurry up to register if you are interested
Your preparations for OOTYULTRA is vital
OOTYULTRA is a road run on the Nilgiris mountains with a lot of up-hill and down-hill running. You are strongly recommended to study and understand the terrain, weather, and running conditions.
Your running strength and endurance are important for an enjoyable OOTYULTRA. You also need to practice your nutrition & hydration to stay healthy and you can handle the race day demands.
Make sure your training plan is designed to help you in having a most memorable experience on the 5-Apr-2020.
Coach Kay can help you!
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in signing up for a customized training/coaching program for marathons/ultramarathons and also join the 50+ #fitsians, the KaysFIT Academy fitness & marathon/ultramarathon runners.